Saturday, November 29, 2008

Day 8:: Bottom Bracket



With the proper tools, I was finally able to remove the crank arms and the entire bottom bracket. I had to purchase a crank puller in order to get the crank arms off. This was quite a project getting them removed because the bike was so old. 

The bottom bracket came apart quite easily. I took only the chain side off so that I could pull it out one side and then completely overhaul the bearings. I couldn't get a good picture of the inside but it was pretty nasty in there! On to priming the frame...
.......__o 
.......\<,  
....( )/ ( )...

1 comment:

Kelly Frederick said...

to all the folks reading john's blog....i saw the beautiful bike in person today, and john is doing a great job. it looks amazing! can't wait to see pics of you riding it, john!!!!! (riding it carefully, of course :) )